About Me

My photo
Bird Island, South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands
I work as a Zoological Field Assistant, and am the 2009 Winter Base Commander, at Bird Island Research Station, one of the British Antarctic Survey's five research bases in Antarctica. The main remit of my job is seal fieldwork as part of BAS' Long Term Monitoring and Survey programme. Science has been carried out on Bird Island since 1958. I work with Antarctic fur seals and leopard seals, as well as assisting with the seabird fieldwork programme. Contact me on: ewanedwards at gmail dot com

Monday 29 March 2010

29.03.2010 - BBC Earth Explorers feature

I will update my blog once more, for old times sake, before I leave. Apologies for the slackness, but I have hundreds of photos waiting to be uploaded!

In the meantime, there is a feature on the BBC website on satellite-tagging of wandering albatrosses to follow their progress as their chick grows on the nest.

1 comment:

Oman Collective Intelligence said...

Wow, awesome photos...:). Greetings from Oman.